Pages

Sunday 10 July 2011

Chocolate and Almond Macaroons

 For sometime now I've been obsessed with macaroons and to be honest I can't even remember what triggered this obsession. Maybe it was in an episode of Gossip Girl where Serena and Blaire were walking the streets of Paris whilst snacking on Laduree Macaroons!

My sister, Chloe, got me a macaroon recipe book for Christmas last year so that I'd be able to try my hand at making macaroons and today was my first time making them - I thought it would be a good idea to make them now seeing as its one of my best friends, Megan's birthday tea party tomorrow!

I've heard that they are quite tricky to make and you need lots of practise in order to get them perfect - and whoever I heard that from was certainly right because they were not easy to make and they've come out a bit cracked...okay maybe a lot cracked but this is only my first attempt.

I made Chocolate and Almond macaroons and I'm going to sandwich them tomorrow with a dark chocolate ganache filling! So they may not look perfect , in fact they look like little turds - LITERALLY see the pictures below, but they should at least taste good!