Pages

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Tissues and Passport forms


Went to Pretoria today to put up a pin board in my flat and to go to the British high commission to get the forms to renew my passport - boy the security there is beefy! It's like going to the airport!

When we got to the BHC everything had changed and now I cant just hand in my forms, I have to courier them! So there go my hopes of getting this business done quickly! Not to mention that the forms will probably take a few hours to fill in - it's like a book of forms!

Then we went to Pretoria east to take Val, my parent's friend, out for lunch and my dad wanted to go to 'The Karoo' but when we got there the place was like a ghost town, and I don't like the idea of eating in a restaurant where you're the only customer...Anyways the lunch was actually really good, I had the chicken prego!

After a big lunch my body decided it was nap time and seeing as I probably only got an hour or 2 of shut eye last night I was definitely ready for bed! For some reason I couldn't sleep last night, I read 'til 11:30pm and then tried to sleep but that failed to I read until about 2am and still couldn't sleep, anyways hopefully tonight will be better!

I've got a bit of a head cold today so I'm hoping if i get an early night tonight I'll be right as rain tomorrow morning!

On the drive home I saw the most beautiful sunset - that's definitely one of my favourite things about living in Africa!