Pages

Thursday 29 December 2011

Wish Lanterns

After seeing the film by Disney called 'Tangled' I've been ever so obsessed with 'Wish Lanterns'. I'd like to set a few off at my 21st birthday next year (Oct 6 2012) and one day at my wedding too! What I really love about them is that they're made of 100% biodegradable material so they will bio-degrade in two to three days. I'm very conscious of our environment and the impact we have on it, I think that its important for us to be environmentally conscious in all that we do, and we should try to minimize the negative impacts which we have where ever it is possible to do so. I don't know about you, but I want to preserve our planet for the generations to come.

Wish Lantern history:
"The Wish Lantern is based around the design of the first hot air balloon - The Kongming Lantern - which is said to have been invented by the sage and military strategist Zhuge Liang. Chinese lanterns are claimed to date as far back as the 3rd century AD as a type of signalling balloon. Similar products are also known as sky Lanterns or Khoom Fay." -http://www.weddingbycolor.com/jellybeans88/milestones/162917

You can purchase a pack of 10 Wish Lanterns from amazon for about $35. Link: http://www.amazon.com/Wishlantern%C2%AE-Pack-10-Individually-Wrapped/dp/B001H3AMBQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1298420562&sr=8-2