Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2013

A look back at 2012

2012 was a roller coaster year:

I moved in with a friend who has become a sister to me (Shona Leigh Kelly). We had so many good times together, including many late night adventures to the nearest Mc Donalds for Mc Flurries - ice cream really is a cure for stress. I don't think I would have got through the year without her. I've never met anyone like her, I'm glad I have her as a friend, and I hope we will be friends for life. 

I unfortunately grew apart from old friends, this was probably one of the hardest changes for me to overcome. People change, we discover that we want different things in life, we have different goals. I think it'll take me a while still to get over it.




I had my first operation, and I can officially say that I don't like hospitals, but I'm glad to be alive and healthy - health is such an important thing, it can't be bought, so make sure you take care of your body, its the only one you have.





I went overseas by myself to visit my grandparents. It was hard staying with my grandparents because age has unfortunately got the best of my granddad, and it wasn't easy on my gran, but I'm so so glad that I had the opportunity to spend a month with them. I wish they didn't live so far away...The travelling was fun, I loved adventuring into Leeds on my own on shopping missions, I went down to Nottingham (Robin hood land) to see an old friend which was great! I wish we had a public transport system here in S.A. like they do in England. The day I arrived my cousin gave birth to her first child Oscar - he's adorable & such a good baby too!




Then it was time for my last semester as an undergrad, that's when the real work hit, but I got through it. We had so many assignments and presentations to do, but thankfully it was all group work which made it fun! I turned 21! I had the most amazing birthday party! I started dating a friend who I went through high school with and I couldn't be happier. I moved back home after my final exams which, looking back on it now, seemed to happen so quickly. I had a MASSIVE clear out of about 5 years worth of stuff. It feels so good to start this year de-cluttered - a clean & tidy living space certainly makes for a clear mind.


I am going to graduate on the 11th of April 2013 with a BCom in marketing management-Cum Laude (with distinction). I also got accepted into the honours programme for 2013 - I'm nervous but excited too! I cant wait for a new adventure to start. Thankfully there will be a few familiar faces as some of my friends are doing honours too. I can't wait to spend another year with them!