Pages

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Product Review: Bioderma Sensibio H2O & Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion

A little bit about my skin situation

I have normal to oily skin; I had acne in my teenage years and still struggle with breakouts {especially when I eat chocolate or drink fizzy drinks}; I have been on Roaccutane 3 times; I have lost track of how many facials I went for; I have used Benczac peroxide based face products & expensive Babour products.

After my third course of Roaccutane {18-19 years old}, I stopped using the expensive products because my skin was clear {AND because it was about R300, if not more, per product - gasp!}. So I started using Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion and Nutraderm Lotion. Then I asked my mom to buy me some more Cetaphil, and got the one for oily skin by accident. But I found that the Cetaphil Cleanser for oily skin removed my make-up better, so I continued to use this face wash.

After a few years of using it, I find it {Cetaphil for oily skin} isn't gentle enough on my skin. So I wanted to got back to using Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion, BUT then how do I remove my make-up properly. I asked Roxy {a fellow blogger of citygirlsearching - check her awesome blog out for more product reviews} for her advice and she suggested I tried Bioderma Sensibio H2O.

I am happy to say that I have found the perfect skin cleansing combination! I recently purchased Bioderma Sensibio H2O 250ml from Dischem for R149 and Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion 400ml from Dischem for R150.

What do I think of the product?

My observations after using Sensibio H2O on a cotton pad to remove my make-up:
  • It removes my make-up {incl. waterproof eyeliner} effortlessly
  • My face felt clean and residue free
  • My face felt moisturised
You don't need to wash your face after using Sensibio H2O, it is a waterless cleanser. I would be happy to stop here with my skin cleansing regime and just apply a moisturiser. However, I feel weird not using water and a cleanser to wash my face {strange I know}. So after removing my make-up I wash my face with the Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion.

On days when I don't wear make-up, I don't use the Sensibio H2O, I only wash with the Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion.

The final verdict

I will definitely buy this product again.

I hope this review helps you!

XOXO